Saturday, April 26, 2008

eat at Hoaty's :)

This is the best little breakfast place in the WORLD. I'm convinced.

Alex and I discovered it for the simple fact that it's right next door to our apartment building. We can walk over there, so one day we did.

They are old-fashioned in the best way--they only take cash, none of the waitresses wear uniforms, there are pigs EVERYWHERE (their decorating theme), and the people packed in at other tables are going to talk to you about something or other, so you'd better just embrace it. (Can we borrow your cream? Gee, that looks tasty--what is it? Gosh, your child is adorable! And every other thing you can imagine....) The kitchen is right out where you can see everything happening, and the owners (a really nice couple) are in there serving with the rest of their crew.

I took my sister there (more properly, I made her take ME there :P as payback for her getting pregnant at the same time as me and stealing my round-bellied glory) and we had a SCRUMPTIOUS breakfast:

A giant blueberry muffin, sliced in half and grilled, then drowned in butter
A giant slice of sour cream cinnamon coffee cake, also sliced and grilled
Home fries
eggs
toast
baked beans (homemade)
corned beef hash
hollandaise sauce
2 apple juices
...and it's been a few weeks. I think I'm forgetting an item or three.

We also left a hefty tip, because we were sharing all this with my sister's baby (10 months old) and you know how that goes--we thought we'd leave some extra to cover the floor-cleaning. :)

Well, not to be crass by mentioning money or anything, but tip included, the whole meal was only $20! And it was scrumptious, of course. :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome!! I'm still looking for like places here. Oh well! And hey, why didn't I know your sister was preggers too?? Congratulate her for me!