Friday, April 25, 2008

artichokes, artichokes, yum yum yum

Alex has informed me that he doesn't care much about artichokes one way or the other, so I am eating them both myself!

Last night I had the first one fresh from being steamed, with melted butter to dip it in. Tonight I am looking for some other sauce varieties, but they all seem to be mayo-based. I wish I had lemons--I would make lemon-butter sauce, which is more up my alley.

I guess I'll just have to try one of these recipes and see how it does. How about a combination of mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce? (Does that sound hideous to anyone else???)

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh yes!

Unknown said...

Spicy dijion with horseradish and no mayo is also good. Mayo thins it out a bit, but either way is good!